Have you ever visited sunny southern California? One of my favorite places to visit is San Clemente, CA. I have a friend there that I say with. I love the beach community and although it has changed over the years, it still has that small beach town feeling. You can still walk along the main street for great food and shopping and parking is still free.
One my most recent visit, my friend and I started talking about my blog as we made our way to the beach to grab happy hour on the pier.
I am not quite sure if it was because we were talking about the blog, but there seemed to be the Next America’s Top Models everywhere we turned.
Why is it that Southern California attracts so many “models”? Do they migrate here or are they just “born that way” . Maybe it is the lure of Hollywood and all that LA seems to offer that causes them to seemingly migrate to southern California.
I know I know – some of you will hate that I am referring to the beauty outside not inside, but really that is what Americas Next Top Model is out about. I am not saying there aren’t beautiful people in other parts of the country or other parts of the world … just saying that it seems like there is a higher population there.
Just an observation ….
Anyway, food for thought. I am giving a shout out to his San Clemente Family owned carpet cleaning business. www.sanclementecarpetclean.com. Thanks for letting me hang at your place last week!
- You need to be professional. Most people think models can do what they what how they want with who they want. It’s simply not true. They are professional take direction, are on time and never rude.
- Practice makes perfect. Practice your poses and make sure you have a versatile look. Have a friend take photos of you in a number of different poses so you know which ones you need to perfect.
- Be confident. You will be getting a lot of constructive criticism so you will need a thick skin. Be prepared to answer lots of questions.
- Hire an agency. Pick one with a great reputation and someone who is professional when you meet them. Interview them to make sure they have your same goals in mind. Have them take photos and put a portfolio together for you.
- Enter into competitions. You will want to make sure that you have plenty of experience. It makes a big difference.